8×12 Shed – Meridian
Outdoor storage with slick, contemporary styling.
- 56″ wide door opening
- 6′ 4″ high side walls
- Heavy-duty locking T-handle
- 9′ 2″ high peak
- Deep overhangs
- Includes architectural gable vent
- LP® engineered wood siding resists termites, rot and decay. What is LP® Siding?
- Assembled dimension: 96″ W x 144″ D x 110″ H
- Siding is primed and ready for paint (paint, nails and shingles sold separately)
- LP® engineered wood siding resists termites, rot and decay
- 637 cu. ft. storage capacity provides space to keep your yard equipment and gardening tools when not in use
- 6′ 4″ high side walls with 9 ft. 2″ high peak creates lots of storage space, all wood is pre-cut and ready to assemble
- Pre-cut for easy assembly with common household tools hardware and instructions included
- Oriented strand board/asphalt shingles helps to protect against all types of weather
- Large 56 in. wide pre-hung, pre-assembled double doors with continuous hinges for added strength
- Heavy-duty, locking T-handle provides easy access and maximum security
- Includes all hardware and simple to read illustrated instructions
- 10 year limited warranty
|Warranty||10-year limited warranty|
|Cubic Feet Storage||637 cu. ft.|
|Double Door Size||56"|
|Flexible Door Location||No|
|Type of Handle/Lock Included||Heavy-duty Locking T-handle|
|Door Trim Design Options||Plain|
|7/16” OSB Roof Panels||Yes|
|Floor||Available with and without floor|
|Siding||LP® engineered wood siding resists termites, rot and decay|
|Rafter - Truss Framing||2x4|
|Items not included - Furnished by Homeowner|
|Exterior latex paint needed (provided by homeowner)|
|Bundles of Shingles Needed (provided by homeowner)|
- Durable polypropylene construction
- Provides natural light and ventilation
- Is a permit required for a Handy Home Products building to be erected on your property?
- Who is responsible for obtaining the permit?
- Can I build my HHP shed on a cement pad?
- Do shingles come with Home Depot storage sheds?
- Does the shed come painted and do I select the color?
- If you receive your shed kit and it has damage and/or missing boards, how does HHP help the customer?
- When talking about a building size, how do I know which one is depth and width?
- Site recommendations before you start building?
- Do I need to paint my building right away, what type of paint is recommended, and should I caulk the joints?
- Recommended Maintenance of your new storage shed?
Q: Is a permit required for a Handy Home Products building to be erected on your property?A: You will need to check on city ordinances before purchase. Permitting is usually determined by your township based on the size structure you choose.
Q: Who is responsible for obtaining the permit?A: You the customer is responsible for obtaining any necessary permits. If engineered drawings are required to obtain a permit unsigned and unstamped drawings can be downloaded from this site under the “Downloads” tab. If you require signed and stamped drawings they can be obtained from our customer service department for a fee – 800-221-1849.
Q: Can I build my HHP shed on a cement pad?A: Yes, there are specific dimension that the slab will need to be to fit the shed. Contact HHP Customer Service for specs.
Q: Do shingles come with Home Depot storage sheds?A: No, they do not. You are responsible for purchasing these to fit your designing needs.
Q: Does the shed come painted and do I select the color?A: No, the shed does not come painted; you are responsible for painting the shed upon completion of the building. The outside shed walls are factory primed and ready for paint.
Q: If you receive your shed kit and it has damage and/or missing boards, how does HHP help the customer?A: There are a couple options if this issue occurs. 1. You can contact HHP customer service department at 800-221-1849 and they can arrange for the shipment of the product to your house. 2. You can purchase the needed missing or damaged items from the store. You will need to fax/email/mail their receipts of the purchased missing/damaged parts to Handy Home Products corporate office. HHP will reimburse 100% for any item that were missing/damaged in the kit.
Q: When talking about a building size, how do I know which one is depth and width?A: Width is always listed first; this is also the side that the door is located. Depth is always listed second. Example: 10x8 (1o feet wide by 8 feet deep.)
Q: Site recommendations before you start building?A: HHP recommends a minimum of 3ft clearance around the building in order for you to construct the building properly. A minimum of 4ft is recommended if your shed is 12ft. wide or more. A 3ft. clearance is recommended if for overhead shingle protection.
Q: Do I need to paint my building right away, what type of paint is recommended, and should I caulk the joints?A: Buildings must be painted within 60 days of installation. All raw exterior wood must be primed using a quality exterior primer before painting. Nail holes, small knots and blemishes can be filled with exterior wood putty prior to priming. Seal all joints, seams and using an acrylic latex caulk application. All factory primed siding and trim must be painted using high quality exterior 100% acrylic-latex paint (we recommend a satin or semi-gloss finish) to protect your building. Be sure to paint all exposed edges of the siding, especially the bottom edge, and all six sides (top, bottom, two sides, front and back) of the doors.
Q: Recommended Maintenance of your new storage shed?A: Like your home, your new storage or recreational building will require occasional maintenance to insure many years of use and enjoyment. In addition to re-painting or staining your building as needed, you must perform other maintenance.
- Keep all grass and other vegetation trimmed around the entire perimeter of the Building or Gazebo/Pergola. Do not mound soil or mulch against the siding of your Building.
- Buildings which are built on a wood floor (Gazebos excluded), should be constructed on 4x4 treated runners which resist damage from ground moisture and insects (treated wood 4x4 runners not included in kit). These runners also elevate your buildings floor, allowing for important air circulation under the foundation. This circulation must be maintained to insure long life of your wood foundation; you must use a lattice or other material that will allow for proper air circulation.
- Do not stack anything against the exterior of your building, such as firewood, for any period of time.
- Locking doorknobs or levers should be sprayed with silicone or other lubricant to maintain locking mechanism and prevent freezing in cold climates.
- We do not recommend insulating or heating your building.
- Do not let sprinklers spray your building.
Sheds: The most common use for a shed is of course, storage for those items people want to keep out of the way. However, there are SO many more uses for a shed that most people don’t realize.
Check out some additional uses for a shed below:
- Artist’s Studio
- Mediation Studio
- Outdoor Office
- Playhouse/Play Room
- Exercise Room
Customizing a wood shed to fit your needs is easier than you think. You can quickly add a theme to your shed with some paint and decals, or check out our accessories to see our shelves and organizers.