8×10 Shed with Loft
Lots of stand tall storage with room to grow.
The Montana 8×10 shed with loft provides plenty of stand-tall storage and extra-wide double door for easy access for riding mowers, lawn equipment and other gardening and yard tools. A storage loft gives you even more storage space for your items. This shed features a gable window, providing both light and ventilation and a complete floor, giving it a finished look and promoting a drier environment for your equipment. It can be easily assembled with a hammer, screwdriver, tape measure, level and step ladder.
- large 64″ wide door opening accommodates most lawn tractors
- 6′ high side walls
- 10′ high peak
- Includes FREE storage loft
- Includes FREE gable window
- FREE treated floor frame – Just add your choice of decking
*Montana only available as a special order in the U.S. Available at select Home Depot locations in Canada. Call your local Home Depot to check for availability.
Product No. 18290-7 | Image shown: Montana 8×10 shed
DIY 8×10 Shed Available Only at Home Depot
The Montana 8×10 DIY shed provides plenty of stand-tall storage and an extra-wide double door for easy access for riding mowers, lawn equipment and other gardening and yard tools. The storage loft gives you 40% more overhead storage space. This shed also features 632 cubic feet of storage capacity and a 10 ft. high roof peak for plenty of storage space. The Montana is truly one of our most efficient storage solutions we offer.
This shed also includes a fully functional gable window, inviting both natural sunlight and ventilation inside. All of these premium features give it a finished look that will add extra charm to your backyard. Best of all, the kit comes pre-cut and ready to assemble. All you need is a hammer, screwdriver, tape measure, level and step ladder. If you’re looking for an affordable and strong storage solution full of value, the 8×10 Montana is the perfect fit for your backyard and budget.
Strong & Durable…
- Strong wood construction engineered and tested to withstand heavy wind and snow loads
- LP® engineered wood siding is factory primed to resist fungal decay and termites
- Hand-crafted with pride in the U.S.A.
- 10 year limited warranty
Easy to Assemble…
- Pre-cut and ready to assemble
- Fully illustrated, easy to read instructions included
- LP® siding is lightweight and installs using standard woodworking tools
- Easy to assemble with hammer, screwdriver, tape measure, level and step ladder
- No special skills are necessary
- Siding is primed and ready for paint (paint, nails and shingles sold separately)
|Warranty||10 year limited warranty|
|Wall Height||6 feet|
|Peak Height||10 feet|
|Cubic Feet Storage||632|
|Double Door Size||5'4"|
|Flexible Door Location||no|
|Type of Handle/Lock Included||Heavy-duty, rust resistant swivel hasp|
|Door Trim Design Options||straight|
|7/16” OSB Roof Panels||yes|
|Floor||FREE treated floor frame - Just add your choice of decking|
|Floor Material||2x4 treated joists – 24” OC – 5/8” OSB decking|
|Siding||Factory primed LP® engineered wood siding. Resistant to rot, decay and insects.|
|Rafter - Truss Framing||2x4|
|Items not included - Furnished by Homeowner||Nails: 2in: 5 | 3in: 2 (1 lb. box) & Decking Requirements: 3 (4 ft. x 8 ft. sheets)|
|Exterior latex paint needed (provided by homeowner)||Siding: 2 gal. | Trim: 1 qt.|
|Bundles of Shingles Needed (provided by homeowner)||6 bundles | 1 in. nails: 2 (1 lb. box)|
- Durable polypropylene construction
- Provides natural light and ventilation
- Is a permit required to build a 8x10 building on my property?
- Am I responsible for obtaining the permit?
- Can I build the 8x10 Montana shed on a cement pad?
- Do shingles come with my shed kit?
- Does the shed come painted and do I select the color?
- If I receive my shed kit and it has damage and/or missing boards, will you replace the damaged parts?
- When talking about a building size, how do I know which one is depth and width?
- What are the site recommendations before I start building?
- Do I need to paint my building right away, what type of paint is recommended and should I caulk the joints?
- How should I maintain my shed?
Q: Is a permit required to build a 8x10 building on my property?A: You will need to check on city ordinances before purchase. Permitting is usually determined by your township based on the size structure you choose.
Q: Am I responsible for obtaining the permit?A: You the customer is responsible for obtaining any necessary permits. If engineered drawings are required to obtain a permit unsigned and unstamped drawings can be downloaded from this site under the “Downloads” tab. If you require signed and stamped drawings they can be obtained from our customer service department for a fee – 800-221-1849.
Q:Can I build the 8x10 Montana shed on a cement pad?A: Yes, there are specific dimension that the slab will need to be to fit the shed. Contact our customer service hotline for specs.
Q: Do shingles come with my shed kit?A: No, they do not. You're responsible for purchasing shingles to fit your designing needs.
Q: Does the shed come painted and do I select the color?A: No, the shed does not come painted; you're responsible for painting the shed upon completion of the building. The outside shed walls are factory primed and ready for paint.
Q:If I receive my shed kit and it has damage and/or missing boards, will you replace the damaged parts?A: There are a couple options if this issue occurs. 1. You can contact our customer service department at 800-221-1849 and we can arrange for the shipment of the product to your home. 2. You can purchase the needed missing or damaged items from the Home Depot store. You will need to fax/email/mail their receipts of the purchased missing/damaged parts to Handy Home Products corporate office. We will reimburse 100% for any item that were missing/damaged in the kit.
Q: When talking about a building size, how do I know which one is depth and width?A: Width is always listed first; this is also the side that the door is located. Depth is always listed second. Example: 8 x 10 (8 feet wide by 10 feet deep shed)
Q:What are the site recommendations before I start building?A: We recommend a minimum of 3 ft. clearance around the building in order for you to construct the building properly. A minimum of 4 ft. is recommended if your shed is 12 ft. wide or more. A 3 ft. clearance is recommended if for overhead shingle protection.
Q: Do I need to paint my building right away, what type of paint is recommended and should I caulk the joints?A: Buildings must be painted within 60 days of installation. All raw exterior wood must be primed using a quality exterior primer before painting. Nail holes, small knots and blemishes can be filled with exterior wood putty prior to priming. Seal all joints, seams and using an acrylic latex caulk application. All factory primed siding and trim must be painted using high quality exterior 100% acrylic-latex paint (we recommend a satin or semi-gloss finish) to protect your building. Be sure to paint all exposed edges of the siding, especially the bottom edge, and all six sides (top, bottom, two sides, front and back) of the doors.
Q: How should I maintain my shed?A: Like your home, your new storage or recreational building will require occasional maintenance to insure many years of use and enjoyment. In addition to re-painting or staining your building as needed, you must perform other maintenance.
- Keep all grass and other vegetation trimmed around the entire perimeter of the building. Do not mound soil or mulch against the siding.
- Buildings which are built on a wood floor (Gazebos excluded), should be constructed on 4x4 treated runners which resist damage from ground moisture and insects (treated wood 4x4 runners not included in kit). These runners also elevate your buildings floor, allowing for important air circulation under the foundation. This circulation must be maintained to insure long life of your wood foundation; you must use a lattice or other material that will allow for proper air circulation.
- Do not stack anything against the exterior of your building, such as firewood, for any period of time.
- Locking doorknobs or levers should be sprayed with silicone or other lubricant to maintain locking mechanism and prevent freezing in cold climates.
- We do not recommend insulating or heating your building.
- Do not let sprinklers spray your building.
Sheds can be Used as Workshops, Studio’s and Man Cave’s too!
The most common use for a shed is of course, storage for those items people want to keep out of the way. However, there are SO many more uses for a shed that most people don’t realize, check out some additional uses for a shed below:
- Workshop shed
- Artist’s studio
- Mediation studio
- Outdoor office
- Playhouse/Play Room
- Exercise room
- Man cave shed
Customizing a wood shed to fit your needs is easier than you think. You can quickly add a theme to your shed with some paint and decals, or check out our accessories to see our shelves and organizers.