The Large Economical Storage Solution
This is the largest shed in the Marco series. This 10×16 shed is one of our most popular models as it is the ideal shed to store lawn mowers, lawn trimmers, sports equipment, go-karts, garden tools and equipment. 10×16 sheds are perfect for anyone that is running out of room in their garage. Just imagine if you had enough room to park your sports car in your garage. If your garage has become a messy “catch all”, the Cumberland would be the perfect storage solution for you.
- 64″ wide door opening
- 6′ high side walls
- 8′ high peak
- LP® engineered wood siding resists termites, rot and decay
- Patented EZ frame™ construction reduces assembly time up to 30%
- FREE treated floor frame – Just add your choice of decking
Product No. 18285-3
*Shown: 10×16 shed with optional windows, shutters and flowerboxes.
Congratulations, your Storage Dilemma has Been Solved!
This 10×16 shed is the best choice for those who are trying to free up more space in their garage. Our patented EZ frame™ construction makes this a fun, fast and easy DIY project. This 10 ft. wide gable-design building features 6 ft. high sidewalls and an 8 ft. high peak. The 5 ft. 4 in. wide x 6 ft. high double doors with full-length hinges and swivel hasp make for easy access to oversize lawn and garden equipment. Make this shed unique and choose from a variety of accessories such as shutters, windows, cupola, flowerbox and much more.
Strong & Durable…
- Strong wood construction engineered and tested to withstand heavy wind and snow loads
- LP® engineered wood siding is factory primed to resist fungal decay and termites
- Hand-crafted with pride in the U.S.A.
- 10 year limited warranty
Easy to Assemble…
- Pre-cut and ready to assemble
- Fully illustrated, easy to read instructions included
- LP® siding is lightweight and installs using standard woodworking tools
- Easy to assemble with hammer, screwdriver, tape measure, level and step ladder
- No special skills are necessary
- Siding is primed and ready for paint (paint, nails and shingles sold separately)
|Warranty||10 year limited warranty|
|Wall Height||6 feet|
|Peak Height||8 feet|
|Cubic Feet Storage||1112|
|Double Door Size||5'4x6'|
|Flexible Door Location||no|
|Type of Handle/Lock Included||Heavy-duty, rust resistant swivel hasp|
|Door Trim Design Options||straight|
|7/16” OSB Roof Panels||yes|
|Floor||Treated wood floor frame - Just add your choice of decking|
|Floor Material||2x4 treated studs – 24” OC – 5/8” OSB decking (floor decking sold separately)|
|Siding||LP® engineered wood siding resists termites, rot and decay|
|Rafter - Truss Framing||2x4|
|Items not included - Furnished by Homeowner||Nails: 2in: 6 | 3in: 2 (1 lb. box) | Decking Requirements: 6 (4ft. x 8ft. sheets)|
|Exterior latex paint needed (provided by homeowner)||Siding: 2 gal. | Trim: 1 qt.|
|Bundles of Shingles Needed (provided by homeowner)||6 bundles | 1in. Nails: 2 (1 lb. box)|
- Durable polypropylene construction
- Provides natural light and ventilation
- Is a permit required to build a shed building on my property?
- Am I responsible for obtaining the permit?
- Can I build the 10x16 shed on a cement pad?
- Do shingles come with my shed kit?
- Does the shed come painted and do I select the color?
- If I receive my shed kit and it has damage and/or missing boards, will you replace the damaged parts?
- When talking about a building size, how do I know which one is depth and width?
- What are the site recommendations before I start building?
- Do I need to paint my building right away, what type of paint is recommended and should I caulk the joints?
- How should I maintain my shed?
Q: Is a permit required to build a shed building on my property?A: You will need to check on city ordinances before purchase. Permitting is usually determined by your township based on the size structure you choose.
Q: Am I responsible for obtaining the permit?A: You the customer is responsible for obtaining any necessary permits. If engineered drawings are required to obtain a permit unsigned and unstamped drawings can be downloaded from this site under the “Downloads” tab. If you require signed and stamped drawings they can be obtained from our customer service department for a fee – 800-221-1849.
Q:Can I build the 10x16 shed on a cement pad?A: Yes, there are specific dimension that the slab will need to be to fit the shed. Contact our customer service hotline for specs.
Q: Do shingles come with my shed kit?A: No, they do not. You're responsible for purchasing shingles to fit your designing needs.
Q: Does the shed come painted and do I select the color?A: No, the shed does not come painted; you're responsible for painting the shed upon completion of the building. The outside shed walls are factory primed and ready for paint.
Q:If I receive my shed kit and it has damage and/or missing boards, will you replace the damaged parts?A: There are a couple options if this issue occurs. 1. You can contact our customer service department at 800-221-1849 and we can arrange for the shipment of the product to your home. 2. You can purchase the needed missing or damaged items from the Home Depot store. You will need to fax/email/mail their receipts of the purchased missing/damaged parts to Handy Home Products corporate office. We will reimburse 100% for any item that were missing/damaged in the kit.
Q: When talking about a building size, how do I know which one is depth and width?A: Width is always listed first; this is also the side that the door is located. Depth is always listed second. Example: 10 x 16 (10 feet wide by 16 feet deep shed)
Q:What are the site recommendations before I start building?A: We recommend a minimum of 3 ft. clearance around the building in order for you to construct the building properly. A minimum of 4 ft. is recommended if your shed is 12 ft. wide or more. A 3 ft. clearance is recommended if for overhead shingle protection.
Q: Do I need to paint my building right away, what type of paint is recommended and should I caulk the joints?A: Buildings must be painted within 60 days of installation. All raw exterior wood must be primed using a quality exterior primer before painting. Nail holes, small knots and blemishes can be filled with exterior wood putty prior to priming. Seal all joints, seams and using an acrylic latex caulk application. All factory primed siding and trim must be painted using high quality exterior 100% acrylic-latex paint (we recommend a satin or semi-gloss finish) to protect your building. Be sure to paint all exposed edges of the siding, especially the bottom edge, and all six sides (top, bottom, two sides, front and back) of the doors.
Q: How should I maintain my shed?A: Like your home, your new storage or recreational building will require occasional maintenance to insure many years of use and enjoyment. In addition to re-painting or staining your building as needed, you must perform other maintenance.
- Keep all grass and other vegetation trimmed around the entire perimeter of the building. Do not mound soil or mulch against the siding.
- Buildings which are built on a wood floor (Gazebos excluded), should be constructed on 4x4 treated runners which resist damage from ground moisture and insects (treated wood 4x4 runners not included in kit). These runners also elevate your buildings floor, allowing for important air circulation under the foundation. This circulation must be maintained to insure long life of your wood foundation; you must use a lattice or other material that will allow for proper air circulation.
- Do not stack anything against the exterior of your building, such as firewood, for any period of time.
- Locking doorknobs or levers should be sprayed with silicone or other lubricant to maintain locking mechanism and prevent freezing in cold climates.
- We do not recommend insulating or heating your building.
- Do not let sprinklers spray your building.
10 x 16 sheds: The most common use for a DIY 10×16 shed is storage. They are great to free up space in your home or garage. Due to the superior wood frame construction, our sheds can be used for many different purposes. So, grab some screws or nails and a drill to make your dream storage building a reality.
- Workshop shed
- Artist’s studio
- Mediation studio
- Outdoor office
- Playhouse/Play Room
- Exercise room
Customizing a wood shed to fit your needs is easier than you think. You can quickly add a theme to your shed with some paint and decals, or check out our accessories to see our shelves and organizers.