Greenhouse Sheds are the Ultimate Project Space…
Greenhouse sheds are unique, multifunctional buildings that provide tons of natural light making them ideal for many different uses. Consider this a combination of a shed and a greenhouse.
- Flexible design allows door installation on eave or gable side
- Pre-assembled 32″w x 6’h door with locking handle
- Includes four aluminum roof windows with tempered glass and four adjustable vents
- 6′ high eave wall / 9′ high peak / 8′ glass roof
- Premium 2×4 construction stands up to heavy wind and snow loads
- Factory-primed siding
- Pre-cut and ready to assemble
- DIY greenhouse shed with easy to read instructions
- 10 year limited warranty
From a Greenhouse to a Storage Shed, the Ultimate Solution for Gardener’s
The Phoenix solar shed is the ultimate space for a gardening shed, greenhouse or sun-filled project room! It’s well-built 10×8 frame has plenty of space for planting or crafting. With pre-assembled and pre-hung doors, this is the only choice when looking for a DIY greenhouse shed. The ingenious design features a flexible door location; install on the eave or gable site…
- LP® engineered wood siding resists termites, rot and decay
- 6 ft. high eave wall offers extra storage space
- 9 ft. roof peak for plenty of headroom
- Durable building resists denting, rust and sagging
- 509 cu. ft. storage capacity helps you store a large number of items
- Pre-cut parts for easy assembly with no sawing
- 4 adjustable vents and 4 tempered-glass windows for custom ventilation
- 8 ft. glass roof
- Ready for installation on a cement foundation
- Single door gives you easy access to your stored items
- Soffit overhangs helps protect the siding from continual exposure to the elements
- Primed, ready to paint (nails and shingles sold separately)
Product No. 18147-4
How to Build a Backyard Solar Garden Shed as Featured on: Ron Hazelton’s House Calls
Click here to view the video.
|Wall Height||6 feet|
|Peak Height||9 feet|
|Cubic Feet Storage||509 cu. ft.|
|Double Door Size||32"w x 6'h, 24"w x 5'h|
|Flexible Door Location||no|
|Type of Handle/Lock Included||locking handle|
|Door Trim Design Options||straight|
|7/16” OSB Roof Panels||yes|
|Floor Material||2x4 treated joists – 16” OC – 5/8” OSB decking|
|Siding||LP® siding. Pre-primed; Ready to Paint|
|Rafter - Truss Framing||2x4|
|Items not included - Furnished by Homeowner|
|Exterior latex paint needed (provided by homeowner)||1.5 gal|
|Bundles of Shingles Needed (provided by homeowner)||3 bundles|
- Removes excess heat and brings in cool, fresh air
- Thermostat can be set to your preferred temperature
- The 12" fan moves up to 760 cu. ft. of air per minute!
- Is a permit required for a Handy Home Products building to be erected on your property?
- Who is responsible for obtaining the permit?
- Can I build my Handy Home Greenhouse shed on a cement pad?
- Do shingles come with my garden shed kit?
- Does the Solar garden shed come painted and do I select the color?
- If you receive your kit and it has damage and/or missing boards, how does HHP help the customer?
- When talking about a building size, how do I know which one is depth and width?
- Site recommendations before you start building?
- Do I need to paint my building right away, what type of paint is recommended, and should I caulk the joints?
- Recommended maintenance of your new solar shed?
Q: Is a permit required for a Handy Home Products building to be erected on your property?A: You will need to check on city ordinances before purchase. Permitting is usually determined by your township based on the size structure you choose.
Q: Who is responsible for obtaining the permit?A: You the customer is responsible for obtaining any necessary permits. If engineered drawings are required to obtain a permit unsigned and unstamped drawings can be downloaded from this site under the “Downloads” tab. If you require signed and stamped drawings they can be obtained from our customer service department for a fee – 800-221-1849.
Q: Can I build my HHP greenhouse shed on a cement pad?A: Yes, there are specific dimension that the slab will need to be to fit the shed. Contact HHP Customer Service for specs.
Q: Do shingles come with my greenhouse shed kit?A: No, they do not. You are responsible for purchasing these to fit your designing needs.
Q: Does the solar shed come painted and do I select the color?A: No, the shed does not come painted; you are responsible for painting the shed upon completion of the building. The outside shed walls are factory primed and ready for paint.
Q: If you receive your kit and it has damage and/or missing boards, how does HHP help the customer?A: There are a couple options if this issue occurs. 1. You can contact HHP customer service department at 800-221-1849 and they can arrange for the shipment of the product to your house. 2. You can purchase the needed missing or damaged items from the store. You will need to fax/email/mail their receipts of the purchased missing/damaged parts to Handy Home Products corporate office. HHP will reimburse 100% for any item that were missing/damaged in the kit.
Q: When talking about a building size, how do I know which one is depth and width?A: Width is always listed first; this is also the side that the door is located. Depth is always listed second. Example: 10x8 (1o feet wide by 8 feet deep.)
Q: Site recommendations before you start building?A: HHP recommends a minimum of 3ft clearance around the building in order for you to construct the building properly. A minimum of 4ft is recommended if your shed is 12ft. wide or more. A 3ft. clearance is recommended if for overhead shingle protection.
Q: Do I need to paint my building right away, what type of paint is recommended, and should I caulk the joints?A: Buildings must be painted within 60 days of installation. All raw exterior wood must be primed using a quality exterior primer before painting. Nail holes, small knots and blemishes can be filled with exterior wood putty prior to priming. Seal all joints, seams and using an acrylic latex caulk application. All factory primed siding and trim must be painted using high quality exterior 100% acrylic-latex paint (we recommend a satin or semi-gloss finish) to protect your building. Be sure to paint all exposed edges of the siding, especially the bottom edge, and all six sides (top, bottom, two sides, front and back) of the doors.
Q: Recommended Maintenance of your new solar shed?A: Like your home, your new storage or recreational building will require occasional maintenance to insure many years of use and enjoyment. In addition to re-painting or staining your building as needed, you must perform other maintenance.
- Keep all grass and other vegetation trimmed around the entire perimeter of the Building or Gazebo/Pergola. Do not mound soil or mulch against the siding of your Building.
- Buildings which are built on a wood floor (Gazebos excluded), should be constructed on 4x4 treated runners which resist damage from ground moisture and insects (treated wood 4x4 runners not included in kit). These runners also elevate your buildings floor, allowing for important air circulation under the foundation. This circulation must be maintained to insure long life of your wood foundation; you must use a lattice or other material that will allow for proper air circulation.
- Do not stack anything against the exterior of your building, such as firewood, for any period of time.
- Locking doorknobs or levers should be sprayed with silicone or other lubricant to maintain locking mechanism and prevent freezing in cold climates.
- We do not recommend insulating or heating your building.
- Do not let sprinklers spray your building.
What Exactly Does a Solar/ Greenhouse Shed Do?
Also called “glasshouse” or a “potting shed”, a greenhouse can best be described as a building in which plants are grown. The glass roof provides natural sunlight that is absorbed by plants and soil. Greenhouses give you more precise control over the environment plants live in. Homeowner’s can control the amount of light, temperature, water, fertilizer and atmosphere. When it comes to picking out a DIY greenhouse shed, find a spot in your backyard that gets the most sunlight. Morning sunlight from the east is sufficient for most plants. Once you build the solar garden shed, you can enjoy the benefits of a greenhouse and a storage shed.
The Ultimate “Green Thumb” Storage Solution
Today’s ecologically minded backyard gardeners are thinking about more than maintenance. More and more people are turning toward growing their own food all year round; using green technology and finding alternative ways to enjoy natural sunlight during the winter months. The Phoenix solar/ potting shed is the perfect solution to grow fruit and vegetables right in your backyard all year long.
Sheds: The most common use for a shed is of course, storage for those items people want to keep out of the way. However, there are SO many more uses for a shed that most people don’t realize, check out some additional uses for a shed below:
- Artist’s Studio
- Mediation Studio
- Outdoor Office
- Playhouse/Play Room
- Exercise Room
Customizing a wood shed to fit your needs is easier than you think. You can quickly add a theme to your shed with some paint and decals, or check out our accessories to see our shelves and organizers.